Hope you are all having an amazing week!! I am thrown off a little with the holiday, it’s the first time in forever that I got paid for a holiday off!! What the WHAT!! I fully enjoyed my extra day off this week, and went around town getting tons done while others were working. *I had Wednesday off!
Here is what I am just thrilled with at the moment!
My Whole Foods & Trader Joe’s adventure!! I had to stock up for the month now that we live on the other side town.
Up close, TONS of snacks for Jrod to take to work with him He is a snack MONSTER!!
Had to restock on the Tequila Lime from Whole Foods, and can’t get over finding coconut cooking spray at TJ’s!!
Really excited for these! I LOVE both of these smells, I will let you know how bubbly they get
My newest add-on for my new work uniform!! If you must have a badge reel for work, check out The Little Canary Shop on etsy! I LOVE her work!! Wearing Princess Leia this week!
Shadow of Night, the second in the All Souls Trilogy! I have been holding off on getting this until I could really sit down and read it. Now with my set schedule of work, I have time!
I did laundry with this detergent this pass weekend and I LOVE the way all my clothes & sheets smell now! I can’t stop smelling my shirts when I put them on!
My prize hull from HomeGoods & Ross this week! We are planning on putting shelves up in the 2nd floor porch, and want some nice plants there. I just LOVE all these pots, best part is they were $28 for ALL of them!!
Saturday starts the Super Summer Challenge with Cassie over at Backtoherroots. GO… NOW… RUN… DO IT!!! I have all my FREE printable printed, and have my final list down. Now time to fill in the blanks & figure out my rewards I am really looking forward to the HUGE support group that she has made with everyone doing the challenge.
What are your prizes that you found this week?
What are your goals for the summer & how are you going to keep on track?
My first full week at my new job as also someone’s last week. I found out very fast that she is a foodie like me, and loves tons of different foods! For her last day everyone pitched in a got something for her. Mine contribution was from her favorite donut place not far from my house. I can honestly tell you that if I wasn’t told about O’Doodle-Doo’s I would have never found it and would have missed out!
I can say that a good donut is truly my down fall and this place is CRAZY donut town! They have so many different varies, and they post every morning on facebook & twitter what the donuts of the day are. Now every morning when I sign into facebook, there they are just waiting for me!
The day I got to try them I got all the off the wall flavors that you don’t see in everyday donut shops. Sorry about the pictures, we were so excited to eat them that I forgot to take a picture first.
From left to right: Strawberry Coconut, Strawberry Lemonade, and Key Lime
Top left to right: Blueberry with Maple Glaze, (I totally forget this one), and Carrot Cake
Bottom left to right: Peach, Orange Dream
Not pictured: Salty Chocolate Carmel, Red Velvet, Cinnamon & Bacon!!, Cinnamon & Chocolate.
I was lucky to get to try a bite of : Cinnamon & Chocolate, Orange Dream, Carrot Cake, & Strawberry Lemonade. All of them were AMAZING!!
If you are around the Suffolk/ Portsmouth/ Hampton Area these are WORTH the trip!!
Okay… quite side note, I wrote this and about an hour later my friend Heather posted a link to an amazing blogger, Cassie at Backtoherroots. Tomorrow she is launching a HUGE Summer Goal program & I can’t wait to be a part of it. I HAD to share, so far I have 4 facebook friends signing up with me Thoughts would be GREAT! Now on with the post!
ONE month away if you follow the calendar! Crazy, where has this year gone so far? Here are some tips for Goal Setting when thinking about your goals over the next couple of months, or even YEARS if you can plan that far ahead. I can’t, just not one of those people, I need monthly smaller goals to get to a bigger one. This is a great set of tips from the back of my LululemonSummer is poster
- Define Your Values: Powerful goals are built upon your CORE values. What is important to you in the following areas?
- Say HELLO to your Future Self; Create who you are going to be. Ask yourself the following questions:
* What does my ideal Life look and feel like?
*What is the quality of my relationships, parents, dating, friends, etc?
* What I am doing to challenge myself athletically & mentally?
- Writing Powerful Goals. A goal is most powerful when written with the following attributes:
* Affirmative: Articulate what you will create. A goal is what you will do, not what you won’t do! ex: I don’t drive to work vs I ride my bike to work
* Present Tense: Write your goal as though it’s happening! ex: One day I will go to Europe vs I have traveled through Europe
* Measurable: Can you CROSS IT OFF! ex: I read more books about yoga vs I have read 3 books about yoga
* Specific Subject: The more specific you are, the more focused you’ll be. ex: I exercise 2x per week vs I run 2x per week for 45 minutes
* By-When: Always, ALWAYS state the date that you intend to complete our goal! ex: I’ve completed my sailing course by Sept. 2013
Keep in mind:
* Failing to reach about 50% of your goals is a GOOD indication that you’re motivated and challenged. Failures and disappointments are critical steps toward success. If you haven’t achieved a goal, decide if you should set a new deadline or reconsider the goal- perhaps it’s one you aren’t committed to!
What are your goals for the summer? I am currently working on mine to post around June 1st!! Now with the help of Cassie, it’s going to be AMAZING!!! Please check out her page and get in the group! Having a GREAT support team to help you with your goals is KEY!! At least in my book it is!
It’s been a crazy couple of weeks, I got 4 different job offers in a 2 week time period, left my first job in Virginia for a GREAT job closer to my house. This new job I will be making a GREAT difference in the lives of others, and though it wasn’t the highest paying job, it was personally the best one for the kind of person I want to be in life.
On that note, I have been going nuts about a couple of things over these past weeks:
1. I can NOT get enough of Jimmy Buffett, the Margaritaville station is on in my car non-stop and I have been listen to Last Mango in Paris & One Particular Harbour on a loop at my house. I personally blame my friend Carrie, for in Texas whenever I got in her car he was playing I have also been wanting a margarita, but I feel it’s just the music & memories of living in the islands. I am trying to talk my husband into going & hanging out in the parking lot before the Buffett concert here in July. We can’t afford the tickets ($135 for the LAWN, THE LAWN!!) and my husband it’s into Jimmy like me
2. Pinterest, I am on a HUGE kick again. I love then need a break from it, while I am on loving it again. My new job is inside, which is the first time since 2000 that I work inside & can dress business casual. I am looking for a new hairstyle, some simple makeup tips *ANY Favorite YouTube videos would be wonderful!*, and outfits! I have to look nice, and MUST wear closed toed shoes, but on the other side I can also wear scrubs some days
3. LesMils Combat, I know.. you talk about it ALL the time. Well, when you find your #soulmate workout I will listen you to you talk about it all the time too! I am currently at the end of week 3 of the Ultimate Supreme Warrior Program. I can honestly say that it is kicking me to the curb & I love it! I can also do more than 5 push ups in a row without breaks or falling on the floor Want to know more, just ask
4. Organizing… my new house, my new schedule, trying to get my hubby on a cleaning/chore schedule so he doesn’t flip out like a little kid on the weekends. *this happened last weekend about doing chores, lucky that our neighbor offered to mow the lawn… again… printing off tons of free printable thanks to Pinterest & Google search….
5. Reading; since quitting my job in Texas last November I have been reading like a crazy woman! I have been averaging 5 books a WEEK!! Now with my new job I have added a TON more, I need to get my butt in gear to my local library! I will be doing a book review very soon! One series was SO good that I stayed up until 5:30am to finish it!! I haven’t done that since Harry Potter! Yes, for some reason it was that I can’t put down good.
6. Learning to cook & meal plan without a microwave. This has been harder than I thought it would be, mostly for reheating left overs but I have also found that I can’t make some of my favorite breakfast foods because to re-heat them it must be a microwave… sigh… No microwave until we get the kitchen remodeled which won’t be happening for a while, if at all. It’s a double-sided sword, I WANT a new/ updated kitchen *current one is from 1979* but we will only be here for 3 years… it’s ALL that money worth it?
What are you currently into?
What are your top makeup tips? hair tips? clothing sites?
Current top reads?
A couple weeks ago I got the notice that I had WON Heather, from ThenHeatherSaid, birthday contest! *Go Aries Girls!
One of the products that I won was from Cheribundi. Now I had been seeing their juices being talked about around the health & fitness blogs that I read for a little bit now. I was so excited when I came home to a HUGE box of it waiting for me on my porch after work! I got four different flavors:
I have had a bottle of each so far and LOVE them all! When I checked out their website I found out they also have a CHERRY LEMONADE!!! WHAT THE WHAT!! This is on my shopping list when I make my big grocery trip across town next month!!
The only thing about them is that I personally water them down a little, if you know me, I do this with EVERYTHING!! I can’t handle juices or workout drinks that are too strong (for me personally). I loved all of them, but my top would be the restore & relax flavors.
Very thankful to Heather for holding this great contest, I can’t wait to see what else I get in the mail in the coming weeks!!
*** I was not paid for this review and as stated above, won the product in a contest***
What new product have you added this year to help you with your workouts/health?
I know that as of late I have been posting about what the sale of the month is, but I have been getting great questions wanting to do a Beachbody program but within their budget. I went through and did all the digging/ pricing for you! Here are all the programs under $60!
1. HipHopAbs with ShaunT : $19.95
2. Rockin Body again with ShaunT $19.95
3. Body Gospel, listen to gospel music while getting in shape! $24.95
4. Slim in 6, get slim in 6 weeks with this workout! Great one to add to your fitness routine! $39.90
5. Brazil Butt Lift, I can’t wait to try this after I am done with Combat!! $59.85
6. Power 90: Tony H, the man who brought us #P90X! $59.85
8. Insanity The Asylum Volume 2! ShaunT is bringing it! $59.85
9. Last but NOT least!! My CURRENT workout that is kicking my butt daily!! #LesMils #Combat! $59.85
Beachbody has something for every budget! You can even mix them together!! Do #HipHopAbs w/ #TurboJam or #Rockinbody and get that body you deserve!!
Questions? I am here to help! Just post below!