Okay… quite side note, I wrote this and about an hour later my friend Heather posted a link to an amazing blogger, Cassie at Backtoherroots. Tomorrow she is launching a HUGE Summer Goal program & I can’t wait to be a part of it. I HAD to share, so far I have 4 facebook friends signing up with me Thoughts would be GREAT! Now on with the post!
ONE month away if you follow the calendar! Crazy, where has this year gone so far? Here are some tips for Goal Setting when thinking about your goals over the next couple of months, or even YEARS if you can plan that far ahead. I can’t, just not one of those people, I need monthly smaller goals to get to a bigger one. This is a great set of tips from the back of my LululemonSummer is poster
- Define Your Values: Powerful goals are built upon your CORE values. What is important to you in the following areas?
- Say HELLO to your Future Self; Create who you are going to be. Ask yourself the following questions:
* What does my ideal Life look and feel like?
*What is the quality of my relationships, parents, dating, friends, etc?
* What I am doing to challenge myself athletically & mentally?
- Writing Powerful Goals. A goal is most powerful when written with the following attributes:
* Affirmative: Articulate what you will create. A goal is what you will do, not what you won’t do! ex: I don’t drive to work vs I ride my bike to work
* Present Tense: Write your goal as though it’s happening! ex: One day I will go to Europe vs I have traveled through Europe
* Measurable: Can you CROSS IT OFF! ex: I read more books about yoga vs I have read 3 books about yoga
* Specific Subject: The more specific you are, the more focused you’ll be. ex: I exercise 2x per week vs I run 2x per week for 45 minutes
* By-When: Always, ALWAYS state the date that you intend to complete our goal! ex: I’ve completed my sailing course by Sept. 2013
Keep in mind:
* Failing to reach about 50% of your goals is a GOOD indication that you’re motivated and challenged. Failures and disappointments are critical steps toward success. If you haven’t achieved a goal, decide if you should set a new deadline or reconsider the goal- perhaps it’s one you aren’t committed to!
What are your goals for the summer? I am currently working on mine to post around June 1st!! Now with the help of Cassie, it’s going to be AMAZING!!! Please check out her page and get in the group! Having a GREAT support team to help you with your goals is KEY!! At least in my book it is!