It’s been a crazy couple of weeks, I got 4 different job offers in a 2 week time period, left my first job in Virginia for a GREAT job closer to my house. This new job I will be making a GREAT difference in the lives of others, and though it wasn’t the highest paying job, it was personally the best one for the kind of person I want to be in life.
On that note, I have been going nuts about a couple of things over these past weeks:
1. I can NOT get enough of Jimmy Buffett, the Margaritaville station is on in my car non-stop and I have been listen to Last Mango in Paris & One Particular Harbour on a loop at my house. I personally blame my friend Carrie, for in Texas whenever I got in her car he was playing I have also been wanting a margarita, but I feel it’s just the music & memories of living in the islands. I am trying to talk my husband into going & hanging out in the parking lot before the Buffett concert here in July. We can’t afford the tickets ($135 for the LAWN, THE LAWN!!) and my husband it’s into Jimmy like me
2. Pinterest, I am on a HUGE kick again. I love then need a break from it, while I am on loving it again. My new job is inside, which is the first time since 2000 that I work inside & can dress business casual. I am looking for a new hairstyle, some simple makeup tips *ANY Favorite YouTube videos would be wonderful!*, and outfits! I have to look nice, and MUST wear closed toed shoes, but on the other side I can also wear scrubs some days
3. LesMils Combat, I know.. you talk about it ALL the time. Well, when you find your #soulmate workout I will listen you to you talk about it all the time too! I am currently at the end of week 3 of the Ultimate Supreme Warrior Program. I can honestly say that it is kicking me to the curb & I love it! I can also do more than 5 push ups in a row without breaks or falling on the floor Want to know more, just ask
4. Organizing… my new house, my new schedule, trying to get my hubby on a cleaning/chore schedule so he doesn’t flip out like a little kid on the weekends. *this happened last weekend about doing chores, lucky that our neighbor offered to mow the lawn… again… printing off tons of free printable thanks to Pinterest & Google search….
5. Reading; since quitting my job in Texas last November I have been reading like a crazy woman! I have been averaging 5 books a WEEK!! Now with my new job I have added a TON more, I need to get my butt in gear to my local library! I will be doing a book review very soon! One series was SO good that I stayed up until 5:30am to finish it!! I haven’t done that since Harry Potter! Yes, for some reason it was that I can’t put down good.
6. Learning to cook & meal plan without a microwave. This has been harder than I thought it would be, mostly for reheating left overs but I have also found that I can’t make some of my favorite breakfast foods because to re-heat them it must be a microwave… sigh… No microwave until we get the kitchen remodeled which won’t be happening for a while, if at all. It’s a double-sided sword, I WANT a new/ updated kitchen *current one is from 1979* but we will only be here for 3 years… it’s ALL that money worth it?
What are you currently into?
What are your top makeup tips? hair tips? clothing sites?
Current top reads?